Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

August 31, 2011

2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days since diagnosis
day #31 of current hospital stay

Jon has pneumonia. I've been so busy with Riker and Valentine and Boston, I didn't even notice he was so sick. Normally, I'd take care of him - make sure he went to the doctor's office and got the meds he needed. Well, last night, he got up in the middle of the night and took his own temperature. It was 103. He took himself to the ER where they gave him and IV and prescriptions for antibiotics and cough medicine. He's so stressed and so tired :( I feel so guilty that I could not be there for him. I miss my husband more than I can express.

Riker ended up taking an ambulance to Boston again this time so I didn't end up needing my brother to help out. We literally drove to the clinic, spent 15 minutes in the office while they took vitals and drew one vial of blood, and then drove home. What a long long day. Boston was an absolute mad house. The Yankees are playing there tonight and all the crazies were out. It's good to finally be back.

Riker's counts are still coming up but not very fast. I'm worried we will not be able to go home at all before we leave for Boston. I will be crushed if we go straight from Maine Med to Boston. I just want my family together for a couple of days before we leave. I remain optimistic - there is still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment