Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3, 2011

2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day since diagnosis
day #34 of current hospital stay, day #1 home :)

We were discharged today! It is so good to be home as a family. We were able to enjoy our going away party at Range Pond with most of our family and closest friends. It's always so amazing to feel the love and support of the people who care so much about us. I feel my batteries recharging from their energy and love :)

Unfortunately, Jon is still sick and running a fever. He wasn't able to enjoy our day out. It's only 4 days until we leave and he's spending it in bed :( Riker has changed so much and the few days he can be with her and enjoy her are being stolen from him. He's going on day 8 of running a fever of over 100. He's been to the doctor's twice and doesn't seem to be getting any better. I am so sad that I cannot be there for him as I normally would and I am so sad we cannot spend these days close. I am very optimistic that he will feel better by the time we leave for Boston. I will surely make sure he goes back to the doctor on Tuesday if he's not on the mend.

On a lighter and more exciting note, Riker rolled over back to front for the first time today! She's 6 1/2 months (5 1/2 months adjusted) and I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. We were at Range Pond and she was surrounded by family. I didn't get to see it but I rejoice that she was able to accomplish this huge milestone outside of the hospital and that so many were able to enjoy it.

During the next couple of days, we're going to try to pack in as much love and fun as we can. I'm hoping that this is the break that I so badly need before we turn around and do it all over again in another state - much further away.

No comments:

Post a Comment