Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

3 months, 1 week since diagnosis
day #6 of current hospital stay
days until transplant - 17

Riker's line is in and we're going home tomorrow! Everything is going so well right now. Our transplant has been rescheduled for the 30th and Riker will be admitted to start her chemo on the 21st. This time we'll make it.

Unfortunately, we'll have to go back to Boston on the 15th for more testing. I was really hoping we'd be able to squeeze in so Valentine would not need all the blood work again. No such luck. It was very hard on her the first time so it will be even worse this time. Maybe when she sees how well Riker does with it, she'll handle it better. Maybe.

Either way, the sacrifices are worth it. We are looking forward to better days. We're looking forward to being a family again :)


  1. Great news... except for the needles!

  2. So glad to hear! Valentine is so strong and wonderful, I'm sure she'll do great. All that she is doing for Riker will be something that she will hold with pride in the years to come. Enjoy the time at home with both your babies! :-) Hope Jon is feeling better!