Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

September 2, 2011

2 months, 4 weeks since diagnosis
day #33 of current hospital stay

Riker gets to go home tomorrow! We will have 4 nights at home before we go to Boston! I am so excited that our family can be together for this small snapshot in time. Jon is still sick but he will be quarantined in our room until he is feeling better. I feel so sad for him that he will not be able to spend these last days with Riker and I. I will miss him so much while he's gone.

Tomorrow we're having a big party at a local lake as a welcome home/farewell to Riker. I am so excited to have all our friends and family in one spot - especially Riker. I cannot express how amazing it feels to have both my girls in the same spot. The peace that I feel when I see them together is a feeling I could not have imagined before going through all this.

Deep breath - we are exactly 2 weeks away from transplant. We can make it through this. This road is difficult but when we reach Oz at the end, it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your little bubble of family life! I hope Jon's well again soon

    ReplyDelete