Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011 - Day #32

Riker has spent nearly 1/4th of her entire life in the hospital. Today marked day #1 of her second round of chemo. She was sedated in order to get a sample of her bone marrow and spinal fluid. She was also given her first dose of chemo directly into her spine so that it could be carried to her brain. The samples will be sent to Seattle and will tell us how well the cancer is reacting to the chemo.
I woke up very sick this morning. I ended up at the doctor's for cough medicine and an inhaler. I was supposed to be at the hospital for at least part of today but had to stay away because of being sick.
Also, we got a letter from my husband's workplace today. There was a confirmed case of tuberculosis and there was possible exposure. Since I have tested positive in the past, I now need a chest xray before I go see Riker again. Are you kidding me? ugh!
Let's hope for some good news soon. It seems to keep raining down on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment