Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7, 2011

2 months and 2 days since diagnosis
day #7 of current hospital stay


Just look at Valentine's sticker - "Big Sister." I just keeping more and more about Boston and transplant. Today, Valentine spoke to the nurse who was holding Riker. "I"m going to give my blood..." she shook her head "...my bone marrow to Riker. I'm going to bring my flower blanky to Boston and sleep so they can give it to her." My little girl is so smart and so brave. It kills me that my girls have to be so brave so young.
When all this is done, Riker will not have her own blood anymore. She will have Valentine's blood. I still cannot get my head around this. The bond between my two girls will be on some entirely different level than I ever could have imagined. I am blown away. Valentine really is the most amazing big sister I've ever known. These girls are my heroes.

3 comments:

  1. Riker looks like she is giving two thumbs up with her toes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tory,
    Big hug to you, Riker, Valentine and Jon;
    Next time I see you I'll tell you about 'big toe thumbs up" stories from my kids;

    I've been busy with getting the Dinner organized so haven't been able to visit yet.
    Alway's praying for your family though!!!
    Hang in there,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read your blog daily and it has all touched me emotionally, but this photo just made me weep and your words just went straight to my heart. you have two very amazingly strong little girls.. you are a family of strength!

    ReplyDelete