2 months, 3 weeks, 2 days since diagnosis
day #28 of current hospital stay
Riker's counts are finally starting to recover. She did so well the last two rounds that I really thought we'd be home by now. It seems she still has a way to go and now the best I can hope for is that she'll be home for next weekend. I will be crushed if we don't get to have a couple days at home as a family before we leave for Boston.
The past few days Riker has been so exhausted. The nurses tell me this is normal for a child undergoing chemo. We've been lucky that Riker hasn't had any side effects before now. I am so scared. We're so close to transplant and we're so hopeful. I just can't help thinking of everything that could go wrong. I cannot lose her now.
For now it's just a waiting game. When her counts recover, she should be back to normal and feel better. She's tired but still in good spirits. The nurses all love her and she loves them. Her spirit never wavers. She is truly amazing.