Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 12, 13, 14 & 15, 2011 - Day 72 - 75



6 months, 1 week, 3 days since diagnosis

We had our first clinic visit in Maine today. We only had to drive to the Maine Children's Cancer Program (MCCP) in Scarborough. It was really great not going all the way to Boston. It was nice to see familiar faces, too.

Unfortunately, however, Riker's potassium levels are back up. We've had to up her bicitra to 15ccs 4 times a day. That's a lot for such a little girl. Hopefully, they'll be better again when they pull levels on Monday. They plan on having a home health nurse come in and draw labs.

Living with my parents continues to be an adjustment. Jon hasn't stayed here much and things are tense between us. I'm trying to find a routine that will allow me to take care of the needs of the entire family and keep working my job. Valentine hasn't been around me in months and is very demanding. I simply cannot listen to her give her grandparents a hard time and ignore her. I can't tell her to go away when she needs help using the potty or getting something to eat. It's not the same being here while I work, even if I am still paying my mother for daycare.

Each day, it does get better, though. I keep telling myself that all will be well at that magic 30 day mark. We've been through a lot of change and it has always held true - no matter how difficult the change. 30 days until it is the new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment