Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 21 & 22, 2011 - Day 51 & 52

5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days since diagnosis
61 days away from home

Things are falling into a pattern here at the Ronald McDonald House. I thought I'd be lonely be the days are nice with just Riker and I. I am able to get more work done and it's not so hard to keep up with all her care when there are not any distractions. I'm surprised that things are going so well.

The nightly routine of drawing up all of her meds is even not so bad. I am up to 25 syringes a night. I have never been more thankful for that g-tube! I cannot imagine trying to get her to take all those meds orally. We'd be fighting over meds all day.

We had our first clinic visit and it was not too bad at all. Riker's potassium is still high so they doctors have put her back on the Bicitra for her electrolytes. We were worried that it was the cause of her throwing up right before she was re-admitted but she seems to be tolerating it just fine. She's a rock star.

The Thanksgiving holiday approaches and Jon will be bringing Valentine. It's strange to spend it away from home. Ever since Jon and I got the house, over 5 years ago, we've hosted Thanksgiving at our house. Last year, right before Thanksgiving, we lost Jon's father to cancer and the holiday just wasn't the same. Now, the family is short 4 more at their table.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing them and spending a little time together. We'll go over to the main house and make ourselves a plate so that we don't have to cook. Jon will be bringing some of the traditional snack food for the day. It will be nice to be together - even if it is just the 4 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment