Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011 - Day #14

Only one month ago, my Uncle David passed away after a very short battle with AML - the same leukemia that my daughter has. Infant leukemia is very different from leukemia in adults but it still seems horrible and unfair to have the same disease hit twice in such a short time to the same family.

Today, his wife and two daughters drove up from New York to support my family and visit Riker. It was a good visit - Riker was pleasant and generous with her smiles. However, I know it was tough on her visitors today. With their own grief of losing a father and husband so recently - how horrible it must have been to see such a young baby experiencing the same thing they just watched kill the person closest to them.
I am grateful that they took the time and braved the journey. I know it wasn't easy.
I love you all - Aunt Leslie, Cousin Erika & Cousin Jackie.

3 comments:

  1. I have not yet met either of your daughters, but know that I am here for you and Jon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. Thank you for posting this blog to keep all of us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Hopefully you will get to meet them both soon enough!

    ReplyDelete