4 months, 3 weeks, 3 days since diagnosis
day #37 of current hospital stay
Riker has bronchiolitis. A nasty chest cold for a normal baby. A probable ICU stay for an immunospressed baby. Hopefully it won't come to that. But, this explains why the mucus and coughing is not clearing up. She was given an infusion of IVIG today which gives a boost to the immune system and should hopefully clear up the viral infection.
Riker continues not to eat and hopefully the only reason is this nasty bug. No one wants to eat when they are sick. She's still sleeping most of the time and hopefully she's healing up and will go right back to eating again after she kicks this. I am trying not to let it frustrate me.
So... again I wait. I'm tired. I'm homesick. She destats a lot overnight when her O2 drops and it keeps me awake. I am sleeping a very odd schedule where I finally take a nap out of sheer exhaustion around 5pm and wake up around 9pm. Then I'm up for most of the night, trying to squeak in a few hours of sleep in the wee hours of the morning.
I keep telling myself this is temporary and will pass. When it's over, it will seem like it wasn't so long; wasn't so bad. I'm hanging in here. It could be a lot worse - I haven't really hit that proverbial breaking point. Go figure. The quote really is true. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have." I think that about sums it up.