Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

October 27-28, 2011 - Day 26 & 27


4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days since diagnosis
day #36 of current hospital stay

Not much is changing from day to day. Riker is seeming more herself each day that passes. We are still trying to get her to eat. I have gotten her to take a very small amount of milk from a cup but no luck with the bottle. I'm not sure we'll ever go back. Either way, I hope she goes back to drinking her milk soon. I hope that trying other foods helps to bring her interest back.

The good news is that Riker doesn't hate solid food. I am not sure she's actually eating any of it and she doesn't open her mouth for it but, as I recall, this is normal behavior for a baby learning to eat solids. I am just trying to be patient and have faith that she will learn to eat - one bite at a time. I am not above letting her try ice cream and cookies if it comes to that :)

Riker's cough is still pretty bad. They ordered another chest x-ray today and it showed that she had bronchial irritation. They still aren't convinced it's not caused by a virus and will be running more cultures tomorrow. In the mean time, they are giving her an infusion of an immune booster in hopes that it will help her fight off whatever is going on.

Hopefully, when she starts to feel better, her interest in eating will increase. Until then, there's nothing to report. Just taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment