Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 13, 2011 - Day 12

4 months, 1 week, 1 day since diagnosis
day #21 of current hospital stay

No news is good news. We're still playing the waiting game and Riker remains stable and fairly comfortable. I continue to sit watch at her bedside and talk to her for brief moments when she's awake. She even had a few minutes today where she sat and played. She didn't seem too happy about it but she was much angrier when I tried to lay her back down. I suppose it's frustrating for her to want to play so bad when she feels so lousy. It's amazing that she wants to try at all.

The fight is definitely back in my little girl. When I suction the mucus and blood from her nose and mouth, it rarely used to wake her. Now, she's waking to the sound of the tube coming close and thrashing her head about. She doesn't have much of a voice from all the sores in her throat but she is sure trying to tell us she's sick of this whole ordeal. I know, baby, Mommy is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment