Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011 - Day 9


4 months, 5 days since diagnosis
day #19 of current hospital stay

We've been having a difficult time keeping Riker comfortable. Her mouth sores are just awful and constantly leak blood that is impossible to keep cleaned up off of her. Most of the time she is just letting out a constant moan. The doctors have been assuring me that we will do more to try to keep her comfortable.

Her fever has not come back and the high blood pressure is very likely from the pain. Still, the staff here all assures me that what Riker is going through is completely normal. She will bounce back when the marrow grafts. Hopefully no more than 2 weeks from now and she'll be back to the baby we all remember.

Valentine has gone home again and life will go back to "normal" again here in Boston. I feel as though I have caught my breath again - Valentine has a way of both giving it to me and taking it away :) As day #9 ends, I look forward to day #10. This should mark the half way point for the truly horrible part. Counts should be coming up in the last 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment