Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012 - Day 92



6 months, 3 weeks, 6 days since diagnosis

We brought our cats to my parents :) I knew I missed them but I had no idea just how much they missed us. I also didn't know how good it would feel to have them back with me.

I have had Elliot for over 10 years. I've been with him longer than I've been with my husband. Jon's always called him my "therapy cat." He's more like a baby to me than just a cat. We cuddle and sleep together and he's usually close by whenever I'm around. We got Emma shortly after Jon and I got together and the two are a bonded pair. Emma definitely favors her daddy but she loves the rest of us, too.

Jon and I argued quite a bit about whether or not we should bring them. My parents already have a cat. Would it be too stressful on our cats? Would it be too stressful on their cat? Would it be too stressful on an already stressed out household. But I wanted them here. Every time I would stop by the house to say hi, they would snub me and run away. I missed them sooo much.

So, we stuffed the 15 lb cats together into the worlds tiniest cat carrier and brought them here.

It was amazing how they instantly adjusted. To me, it was obvious that they missed the babies. They both wanted to be close to Valentine and Riker. How it must have felt to them.... 6 months ago, Riker left and never came back. I only spent occasional over nights. Then, 3 months ago, we disappeared altogether. Finally, a month ago, Valentine disappears. Jon's only home long enough to feed them or give them medicine.

They seem at peace here and I feel like I've found a small piece of my sanity. They still haven't really gone downstairs since there's another cat down there... and my parents' cat still hasn't dared come up here since their arrival... but I think they'll all adjust very quickly... already have.

7 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Someone under the name of anonymous came by my blog and alerted me to you. I have a prayer blog and was wondering if I may have permission to put a picture of Riker and a link back here to your blog, on my prayer page? I have a few people that stop by everyday and just prayer over the people listed there. I have subscribed by email to receive replys, so you can reply here and I will get it. Here is my blog link: http://cprezra823.blogspot.com

    I am so sad for this fight you are having for the life of your precious daughter. I will support you in prayer many times a day.

    I can totally relate to how you feel about your cats! I am so very attached to my 3 that I believe all of us pine for each other when I am not home. I have one cat, Samson, that when I am gone for a week or so, he won't eat much and he loses so much weight. I also had another cat named Wolf, he passed away 4 years ago and I still miss him very much, he use to ignore me for 2 days after I came home from an extended time away. Then he would follow me everywhere, rubbing in between my legs and drooling. If I sat down he would be on my lap in no time. :)

    I will be praying and praying for Striker.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I noticed you haven't updated in a while. I'm hoping your sweet baby is doing well and the family is adjusting. Just a note to let you know that someone is sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled on your blog through a link on someone else's blog (I don't even remember which one) I've been reading since the beginning and your strength has been so inspiring. You are an amazing mother to both of your daughters! I hope all is well and know that you have been in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following Riker's story since the beginning and my family prays for your family everyday. I hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about Riker every day as I play with my son Ryker and we are all wondering how it's all going? Did you ever find the house you were looking for or are you getting a new home from that TV show? I would love to see a new post if you have time some day. We love you in OKLAHOMA! <3 I feel like I know little Riker and Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still thinking about your sweet girls, hoping for a cheerful and uplifting update. Hope no news is good news :) Is there somewhere else we can follow your story?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Been thinking of you and Riker. Just stopped by to let you know I am praying for all of you.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete