Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

December 30 & 31, 2011 - Day 90 & 91

6 months, 3 weeks, 5 days since diagnosis

2011 is finally over. This has been the longest and most incredible year of my life. I welcomed new life into this world and nearly lost it. I am not sure that I can even begin to articulate the profound lessons that I have learned this year. I can say, though, no matter what your current circumstances, you could always always always have it worse.

One of the things I have learned is to make today count. Learn from your past and plan for the future but live for today. So, instead of thinking and dwelling on the lessons of 2011, I am trying to look forward to 2012. In 2012, I will try to live every day for today. I will appreciate every one of the 366 in the up coming year as a gift. Because, they are.

And today, that gift includes my family under one roof. Everyone is "healthy." And the biggest gift of all.... we have all have a 2012 and beyond to look forward to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment